Countdown to End of Registration and Skill Assessment
There are less than two weeks now until the first registration deadline of Friday, March 10th. Children ages 8-12 (only) playing AA, AAA, Majors Baseball or Coach Pitch, Minors, Majors Softball must be signed up by that date. Immediately following the annual skill assessment on Sunday March 12th, coordinators and coaches will meet to determine teams for the upper divisions. Once teams are set, it will not be possible to add players so its important that children are registered by that deadline. Again, all children ages 4-7 have until Friday, March 31 to sign up. Here are some additional details regarding the skill assessment…
All League Age 8-12 Year Olds (with the exception of those who already played Majors in the Spring of 2022) must attend the annual skill assessment.
League Age is the age on August 31, 2023 (boys) or December 31, 2022 (girls). (Age Calculator: https://www.littleleague.org/play-little-league/determine-league-age/)
The skill assessment will be held on Sunday, March 12th at:
Sport Center 481
6841 Collamer Road
East Syracuse, New York 13057
8 and 9 Year Olds 2:00 -3:30 PM
10 – 12 Year Olds 3:30 -5:00 PM
To stay organized, we kindly ask that you attend the skill assessment at your designated time slot. If it’s absolutely not possible, please still attend one of the other times posted above.
Note: This is not a tryout as there are no “cuts” in Little League. A skill assessment is performed to:
- ensure your child is placed at the appropriate level.
- achieve a proper skill balance among teams.
- Failure to attend skill assessment means that your child may not be placed at the appropriate level.
- League Age 8 and 9 year old boys may not be considered for AAA or Minors and be automatically placed in the AA Division. League Age
- League Age 8 year old girls may not be considered for the Minors Division and be automatically placed in Coach Pitch.
- League Age 10 and 11 year old boys may not be considered for Majors and be automatically placed in the AAA Division.
- League Age 10 year old girls may not be considered for the Majors Division and be automatically placed in Minors.
- All League Age 12 year olds who did not play Majors in 2022 will automatically play Majors per Little League International Rules.
- Please be aware that, in addition to skill level, player placements and the number of teams for Majors and AAA may also be dictated by other factors including Little League International rules for team sizes, the number of qualified pitchers and catchers at each level, etc.
All questions and League requests should also be done through e-mail to Chad Corcoran at firstname.lastname@example.org.